Welcome to Stockwood Medical Centre
We are confident that our website will provide clear and concise help and give our patients the information they require in an easy and convenient format. It has been designed with the patient’s needs at the forefront of everything, from checking surgery times to letting us know what you think of us.
Stockwood Staff Changes
We are pleased to welcome back Dr Vanessa Hayter from maternity leave.
Phone calls - The surgery is now using an additional supplier for our outgoing calls to free up our incoming patient lines. Please be aware if the clinicians call you, you may see "caller ID withheld" instead of our main number.
Electronic Repeat Prescribing
Do you get regular medicines? Save yourself time and help your GP practice, your pharmacy and the NHS by using electronic repeat dispensing (eRD) batch issues. See our Prescribing page for more information.
Did you know you can use the NHS App to:
- get your NHS COVID Pass – view and download your COVID Pass for travel abroad. The government website has guidance for all countries
- get advice about coronavirus – get information about coronavirus and find out what to do if you think you have it
- order repeat prescriptions - see your available medicines, request a new repeat prescription and choose a pharmacy for your prescriptions to be sent to
- get health advice - search trusted NHS information and advice on hundreds of conditions and treatments. You can also answer questions to get instant advice or medical help near you
- view your health record - from November 2022 securely access your GP health record, to see information like your allergies and your current and past medicines. If your GP has given you access to your detailed medical record, you can also see information like test results and details of your consultations
- register your organ donation decision - choose to donate some or all of your organs and check your registered decision
Confidential Records and National Data Opt-out
In a letter to all GPs, 19 July 2021, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State Jo Churchill set out a new process for commencing data collection, moving away from a previously fixed date of 1 September 2021. To understand more about the national data opt-out - see the Care Data pages on our website.
Steroid Emergency Card (SEC)
Do you take steroid medication? Click here
Primary Care Network (PCN)
An increasing range of care is being delivered by practices working together in networks including the COVID-19 vaccination programme. Stockwood Medical Centre is a member of the Connexus PCN group together with Priory Surgery, Wells Road Surgery, Birchwood Medical Practice and Nightingale Valley Practice. If you would like to join the new PCN patient forum for the chance to give feedback and ideas which will help develop and improve your GP services through regular surveys and online events, please complete this form and hand it in at reception or email it to email@example.com.
This is separate to the existing Stockwood Medical Centre patient forum which has been resurrected. If you would like to join the Stockwood forum, please contact Yvonne Thompson on 01275 833103.
The Lifestyle Club
The Lifestyle Club is an 8 week diet and lifestyle course delivered by Zoom. Book onto an Information Session to learn all about the course and how to enrol. The booking link is www.calendly.com/thelifestyleclub
View a participant showreel here
GP Letter Requests
Our Doctors are frequently asked to provide private or ‘To Whom it May Concern’ letters or reports for third parties. If you require a letter please click here for more information.
Wellbeing with Nature
Wellbeing with Nature is a free six week course. Click here for an overview and Referral form.
Greater Stockwood Alliance
Join your local Food Club supporting local families.
This is the phone number and contact details to help you to access the adult community NHS health services you receive from Sirona in Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire.
(Site updated 25/07/2022)